Troubleshooting My Gateway LED Light
A common question we receive from customers is: Why is the LED light on the front of my gateway on?
Located on the front of the gateway, there is one indicator LED light. When the system is in standby mode and there are no issues, the LED on the face of the gateway should remain off.
- When the system is armed in the home mode, the LED will flash a soft red
- When the system is armed in the away mode, the LED will show a soft red
- When a bright red LED is on steady, the system has been in the alarm mode. This red LED helps the home owner know if the alarm has been previously activated. To reset this RED LED alarm in memory light, simply arm the system in the away or home mode and wait a full minute, and then disarm the system.
- When a bright red LED is flashing, the system has been triggered and is in the Alarm mode with sirens activated. Disarming the system will turn this RED Flashing LED off.
When a bright orange LED is ON steady, there is a fault on the gateway. This fault could be due to a number of problems:
- The internet connection could be down. An off-line event will be listed on the timeline and a notification will be sent.
- The gateway may have a low battery or its battery switch may be in the off position. This event will be listed on the timeline, and a fault reminder will show when the system is armed.
- One of the devices may have a low battery. The low battery event will show in the timeline and a fault reminder will show when the system is armed.
- One of the devices may have lost its wireless communications with the gateway. An offline or device missing event notification should be listed on the timeline and a fault reminder will show when the system is armed.
The gateway must be connected to the homes broadband internet router using an Ethernet cable. One is included in the starter kit. The gateway's power cord must be plugged into an AC outlet that is always powered. The gateway's battery switch on the back of the unit must be switched to the ON position. The gateway performs best when located in a central area of the home, so avoid placing it in cabinets where other RF generating devices are powered up. For multi-story homes, locate the gateway in one of the upper floors, not in the basement. Avoid placing the gateway right next to a wireless router and allow at least two feet of separation.
To prevent interference with the ZigBee devices such as the motion camera, the built-in cellular emergency backup radio is designed to automatically switch on when the internet is lost and switch off when the internet connection returns. Cell service is optional and requires a monthly fee - it can be purchased on your web account.