Steps to minimize maintenance impact.
If you, a family member, roommate, or another person you are expecting will be home during this window, we have included some steps which should minimize the impact. If you are traveling, do not expect anyone to access your home during the window period, or do not expect to return home during this period, the steps below are not needed as the local siren will only activate in the event of an alarm
1. Standby ModeIf you would like to make sure your alarm doesn't sound or you do not have a key fob or a keypad handy to disarm in the event of an alarm during the maintenance period, you should place your system into Standby Mode.
2. Silence All Gateway SoundsTo turn off all sounds, so that you are not disturbed during the maintenance window, please follow the steps below.
Turn off Gateway Sounds:
- Go to abode Web App (https://my.goabode.com)
- Then navigate to Account >> System Settings.
- In the System settings page, at the top is a section called "General Settings.
- Change "Disable All Sounds" to Enabled
If you have an add-on siren or an outdoor siren attached to your abode system and would like to turn off their sounds, please follow the steps below.
Turn off Add-On Siren or Outdoor Siren Sounds:
- Go to abode Web app (https://my.goabode.com)
- Then navigate to the Devices Tab
- In the device list, locate your Siren and then click on the Edit Pencil to open the Device Edit Dialog. Depending on which version of the siren you have, you should see something like the image below.
- Turn "OFF" all siren settings. Please note that you will hear the siren beep at you to confirm each change.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for any other siren attached to your abode system.