Harness the legendary sound of Bose to add even more sound and convenience to your Abode home security system. Connect your Bose speakers and soundbars to abode and automate playlists, add sound alerts and chimes, amplify your Abode alarms, and more.
Abode works with Bose Smart Home Family of speakers. Learn more about Abode-compatible Bose speakers here.
To integrate Bose with Abode you need to have the Bose Music app installed on your mobile device, and your Bose devices already setup and paired within the Bose Music app.
- In the Abode App on your Apple or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
- Tap "Integrations".
- Tap "Bose".
- Tap "Connect to Bose" to be directed to the Bose app on your device.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Bose account with your username and password. Follow the setup guide to pair your Bose device to Abode.
- Once authenticated, return to the Abode App. You can now use your Bose device as actions in your CUE automations. Read Useage Guide below to learn more about how to use your Bose speaker with CUE Automations.
Bose products will not be included in your Devices list.
Now that your Bose speaker is paired to your Abode system it can be used to create smart automations to protect your home and make your daily routines more convenient.
Under the CUE tab (from the bottom tray of the Abode App) your speaker can be used as an Action in an automation. Actions are an event you would like to perform when the automation is run. You can set up any device connected to your Abode system to perform an action. You can also add more than one action to your automation. Below are several examples of automations you could create with Abode and Bose:
- When Front Door Abode Cam 2 detects motion, play Doorbell Chime Sound.
- When there is a burglar alarm, play Dog Barking sound effect, if Jane's iPhone is not at Home.
- Everyday at sunrise play Wakup Playlist.
Follow our CUE Automation Guide here to learn more about how to create and manage automations.
Do all Abode systems work with Bose?
Yes, all Abode systems (both Iota Hub and Security Hub) work with Bose Smart Home speakers and soundbars thanks to a firmware update that doesn’t require any new hardware.
What sounds can I access with this integration?
You will have access to a library of sounds provided by Abode, as well as any content that can be set as a Preset from the Bose Music app.
Will Bose speakers that are not part of the Bose Smart Home family work with this integration?
They will not.
What sorts of automations can I set up with this?
You can create automations using CUE’s typical library of triggers and conditions. Bose speakers and soundbars can be used as Actions - the available Actions include playing an audio notification, starting content from a Bose Preset, pausing/resuming a speaker, waking a sepaker from standby, and putting a speaker into standby.
What if I want a different sound than what’s available in the library?
You may submit your desired sound to our support team at email@example.com and we will pass onto our development team for consideration.
Does this integration work locally if my system goes offline?
No, this integration requires an internet connection to trigger automations
How do I access my Spotify playlists for automations?
You’ll have to save your Spotify playlists as a Preset within your Bose account for it to be accessible via CUE Automations.