Google Assistant Guide
You can control your Abode system and compatible connected devices via Google Assistant. You can arm & disarm your system, view live video of your Abode cameras, control locks & lights, and check in on the status of your doors & windows.
Arming & Disarming
You can arm & disarm your system anytime with your voice. Just say the below:
- “Ok Google, arm Abode to away mode”
- “Ok Google, arm Abode to home mode”
- “Ok Google, disarm Abode”
- When asked to disarm, Google will ask you for the PIN code you set up in your integrations settings on the Abode App
You can have your screen-enabled Google Assistant pull up live video from your Abode camera.
- “Ok Google, show me my front door camera”
Locks & Lights
Any Abode-compatible lock or light that is connected to your Abode system can be controlled by voice through Google Assistant.
- “Ok Google, lock my front door”
- “Ok Google, turn my bedroom lights on”
Doors & Windows
You can use Google Assistant to get the status of your Abode door & window sensors anytime.
- “Ok Google, is my patio door open?”
- “Ok Google, is my kitchen window closed?”
We will continue to update the Abode Integration as Google adds more functionality to the Smart Home API.
- On your Apple or Android mobile device open the Google Home app.
- On the Home tab, tap "Add" at the top left corner.
- Tap "Set up Device".
- Tap the "Have something already set up?" option.
- Search and select "Abode" from the list.
- Follow the steps to complete setup. Upon successful sign in, you will be directed back to the Google Home app where you can assign rooms to your devices.
You can now use your Google Assistant enabled device to interact with your Abode home security system. Using the Abode Smart Home action, you can:
- Arm and disarm your Abode home
- Ask Google if your Abode home is currently armed.
With the Abode Smart Home action, you can interact with your Abode home security system and Abode-connected devices by voice. You can arm and disarm your home as well as interact with devices including cameras, locks, lights, dimmers, switches, plugs, and garage doors.
A voice code is required for security sensitive commands such as disarming your Abode home, unlocking doors, and opening garage doors. To enable, provide a voice code during account linking. You can always set or change your pin using the Abode App.
Suggested Commands to use with Google Assistant and Abode to control your Abode home:
Abode Security System (Iota & Security Hubs)
- Ok Google, arm Abode in away mode
- Ok Google, arm Abode in home mode
- Ok Google, is Abode armed?
- Ok Google, disarm Abode
- Ok Google, show me the living room
- Door / Window Sensors
- Ok Google, is the front door open?
- Ok Google, is the living room window open?
- Ok Google, lock the front door
- Ok Google, unlock the front door
- Ok Google, is the front door locked?
- Ok Google, open the garage door
- Ok Google, close the garage door
- Ok Google, is the garage door open?
- Ok Google, turn on my light
- Ok Google, turn off my light
- Ok Google, brighten my light
- Ok Google, dim my light
- Ok Google, set my light to blue / pink / purple / orange / green / red / yellow
- Ok Google, set my light to white
- Ok Google, set my light to warm white
- Ok Google, set my light to cool white
- Ok Google, turn on my dimmer
- Ok Google, turn off my dimmer
- Ok Google, set my dimmer to 50%
- Ok Google, dim my dimmer
- Ok Google, brighten my dimmer
- Ok Google, turn on my switch
- Ok Google, turn off my switch
- Ok Google, turn on my plug
- Ok Google, turn off my plug
- Show the Front Door Camera on Living Room TV
- Is the Baby Cam On?
- Turn on the camera
- What's on Baby camera?
- Turn On Hallway Camera
- Turn off the camera
- Show garage camera
- Close the garage door
- Open the garage door
- Is the garage door closed?
- Are the lights on in the living room?
- Dim the master bed room lamps
- Turn on the lights in the kitchen
- Is the light on in Mary's playroom?
- Turn on the lights
- Make sure the front door is locked
- Lock the front door
- Is the front door locked?
- Is the front door unlocked?
- Unlock the front door
- Make the front door unlock
- Make the front door lock
- Make sure the front door is unlocked
- Set security to arm
- Arm security
- Turn on TV
- Turn off the coffee maker
- Turn off lights
Can I have Google Assistant call out when doors & windows are opened and/or closed?
As of right now, you cannot. We are hoping Google adds this functionality in the near future and we will be sure to enable it once they do.
Does this work with all Abode cameras?
Yes, it does.
Will it work with the outdoor/indoor smart camera at launch?
Yes, it will.
Can I utilize two-way voice on my Abode camera through my Google Assistant?
You cannot, two-way voice has to be done through the Abode App.
Can I record clips using my Google Assistant?
You cannot, clips have to be recorded automatically when an alarm is triggered, when a trigger you define for an automation occurs, or manually when you request a clip capture in the app.
Can I connect a device that works with Google Assistant but not Abode to my Abode system?
You cannot, only the devices called out on our compatibility page are able to be paired with your Abode system.