Iota Kit Troubleshooting
My Iota Hub is offline
Internet troubleshooting steps
If your Iota hub is offline, you can try the following steps to ensure that there is no issue with your home internet network. We highly recommend following these steps in the order below:
- Make sure your Iota is plugging into your internet router via Ethernet.
- Reboot any router (both wireless and wired)/hub that is between you Abode hub and your internet router.
- Wait 3 minutes for your internet to come back online.
- If that doesn't work and you have another Ethernet cable available, try steps 1-3 above with an alternate cable.
- If that does not resolve the issue, reboot your Abode hub (see instructions below).
To reboot the Iota Hub:
- Push the battery switch on the bottom of the device to the OFF position.
- Remove power from hub.
- Wait 30 Seconds.
- Re-supply power to hub.
- Push the battery switch on the bottom of the Iota back to the ON position.
At this point you hub should be online in 2-3 minutes.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do the LED colors on the front of my Iota mean?
Review our Iota LED Status Light Guide here for a detailed breakdown of Iota status light behavior.
My system says there is a fault when trying to arm
Understanding and customizing the fault warning
Sometimes when arming your system you may come across a warning stating there is a fault(s), along with a list of open faults (e.g. Side Door is open). This is a mechanism to inform you before arming if your system has any vulnerabilities such as a door or window that is in an open state.
You can modify this process and control if you want to receive a warning message or not following these steps:
- In the Abode App on your iOS or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
- Tap "System Settings".
- Tap "Arm Fault Type".
- Select between "Confirm" or "Direct". Details on these two option are outlined below.
Confirm Arming - requires you to confirm the fault(s) exist before arming.
If using a Keypad or Key Fob to arm, you must arm twice when faults exist if Confirm Arming is selected..
Direct Arming - does not require you to confirm the fault(s) and will bypass the warning. Active faults will still be listed on the Timeline.
If using a Keypad or Key Fob to arm, you will only need to arm once when faults exist if Direct Arming is selected..
I lost my activation code
If you have misplaced this code, the Abode Support team can help you retrieve it. Please contact us at email@example.com with the request and the MAC address for your hub. The 12-digit MAC address can be found on the bottom of the hub and starts with "B0:C5:CA..."
My Iota is causing false alarms
Adjust Iota motion sensor sensitivity
Small movments in your home may be causing the Iota's motion sensor to trigger an alarm. This may include curtains moving around, pets, or motion taking place outside windows. You can adjsut the motion sensor sensitivity to fine-tune the detection range following these steps:
1. In the Abode App on your iOS or Android device, select the Devices option from the bottom menu.
2. Tap the "iota Motion" device (or whatever you may have renamed it to).
3. Under the "Motion Sensor Sensitivity" section adjust the sensitivity to your desired level.
4. Tap "Done" once finished.