Integrating your LIFX bulbs with Abode allows them to be controlled from your Abode App as well as with CUE Automations. An example use-case with Abode would be a CUE automation that automatically turns on your living room LIFX bulbs to warm white at 50% brightness everyday at sunset.
Before adding your LIFX to your Abode system, please follow the instructions included with the LIFX bulb to add it to your Wi-Fi network. Once the bulb has been added to your network you can add it to your Abode system.
Because we are using the LIFX local network integration, you’ll need to make sure that your LIFX bulb and your Abode hub are on the same Wi-Fi network. If they are not on the same network you will NOT be able to connect your LIFX bulbs.
- Follow the instructions included with the LIFX bulb to setup your bulb on your home network via the LIFX app.
- In the Abode App on your Apple or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
- Tap "Add Device".
- Under Other, tap "Third Party Devices".
- Make sure your LIFX bulb is turned ON.
- Within a few seconds you’ll see RGB Dimmer show up in the Add Devices dialog.
- Click "Add" next to the device and complete the setup guide to finish adding the bulb to your system. If you have more than one bulb they will all need to be paired individually.
Now that your LIFX bulb is paired to your Abode system it can be used to create smart automations to protect your home and make your daily routines more convenient. Under the Devices tab (from the bottom tray of the Abode App) the bulb can be turned on/off, dimmed, and changed color (if the bulb is RGB), but for a truly hands-free setup your bulbs can be paired with other devices and CUE Automations. Follow our CUE Automation Guide here to learn more about how to create and manage automations.