Security Kit Setup Guide
Mini Door/Window Sensor Overview
Key Fob Overview
LED Status Light Guide
Arm/disarm the system
Abode has 3 alarm modes: Away, Home, and Standby
- Away Mode turns on the perimeter protection: door/window sensors and interior motion
- Home Mode turns on the perimeter protection: door/windows sensors and turns off interior motion
- Standby Mode turns off the intrusion protection: door/window sensors and interior motion but leaves other sensors such as flood/water sensors and CO sensors enabled
To arm your system make sure you are on the Dashboard tab of your Abode App (from the bottom tray). At the top, select the system mode you would like to place the system into.
What is entry and exit delay for? The delay timers are designed for when you want to arm the system before leaving home, and disarm the system after entering the home.
- Exit Delay – While in the home, you can arm the system and the exit delay gives you time to leave the home before the system arms. Exit delay is defaulted to one minute but adjustable from the Abode App under Menu (≡) > System Settings > Time Delay.
- Entry Delay – When the system is armed, you can enter the home and the system starts the entry delay timer to give you time to disarm the system. If the system is not disarmed before the entry delay ends, then the alarm system will be triggered and the siren will sound. Entry Delay is defaulted to one minute but adjustable in the Abode App under Menu (≡) > System Settings > Time Delay.
Add more devices to the system
1. In the Abode App on your iOS or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
2. Tap "Add Device".
3. Select the proper category, then tap the device you would like to add.
4. Follow the in-app prompts to pair the device to your hub.
Add a plan to your system
A comprehensive guide detailing adding a plan to your system can be found here.
Customize hub siren/sounds
- In the Abode App on your iOS or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
- Tap "System Settings".
- Tap "Sound Settings".
- Your hub sound settings can be managed here. Enable "Mute All Sounds" at the top as a quick way to disable all hub sounds.
Create automations with CUE
A comprehensive CUE Automations guide can be found here. To start creating automations, tap "CUE" at the bottom of the Abode App, then tap the "+" at the top right of the Automations tab of the Abode App.