We combined our smart security technology with the powerful sound of Sonos to create an incredible duo. Make a grand entrance with custom playlists, set up unqiue doorbell tones, extra-loud alarms, and more. Use Abode's automation platform in tandem with Sonos to create a completely custom and convenient smart home experience.
To integrate Sonos with Abode you need to have the Sonos app installed on your mobile device, and your Sonos device already setup and paired within the Sonos app.
- In the Abode App on your Apple or Android device, select the Menu (≡).
- Tap "Integrations".
- Tap "Sonos".
- Tap "Connect to Sonos" to be directed to the Sonos app on your device.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Sonos account with your email and password.
- Tap "Okay" to allow Abode permission to control your Sonos device.
- Once authenticated, you will be taken back to the Abode App and see "Connected" and "Settings" under the Sonos banner.
- That's it! You can now use your Sonos device as actions in your CUE automations. Read Useage Guide below to learn more about how to use your Sonos speaker with CUE Automations.
Sonos products will not be included in your Devices list.
Now that your Sonos speaker is paired to your Abode system it can be used to create smart automations to protect your home and make your daily routines more convenient.
Under the CUE tab (from the bottom tray of the Abode App) your speaker can be used as an Action in an automation. Actions are an event you would like to perform when the automation is run. You can set up any device connected to your Abode system to perform an action. You can also add more than one action to your automation. Below are several examples of automations you could create with Abode and Sonos:
- When Front Door Abode Cam 2 detects motion, play Doorbell Chime Sound.
- When there is a burglar alarm, play Dog Barking sound effect, if Jane's iPhone is not at Home.
- Everyday at sunrise play Wakup Playlist.
Follow our CUE Automation Guide here to learn more about how to create and manage automations.
Will these automations run if my system loses connection to the internet?
Yes, the automations run locally so they will occur even when your gateway is offline.
What noises can I have my Sonos make?
Whatever noises are available within your Sonos library within Playlists and Favorites are accessible to run as part of your automations with Abode.
Do you have any recommendations for sounds?
We do! The playlists below can add useful sound effects to your integrations. Please feel free to send any suggestions our way as well and we will update this list as time goes on.
Apple Music: 300 Sound Effects
Spotify: Sound FX Albums